Monday, May 14, 2007

The Role of Eportfolios

What is the role of an electronic portfolio in my ongoing academic and professional career in educational technology?

I see eportfolios as a way of showcasing my work, my interests, my philosophies, my ideas, my accomplishments, and my passion. It can be used to highlight what I have been working on, what I think is important, or to provide links to others’ work or tools that I find helpful. While an eportfolio may include a resume, it goes beyond the idea of a resume. It’s not just about presenting yourself to an employer. It is about communicating who you are, what you believe, and how you operate. I can add graphics, audio, even video to present myself to the world. What better way to showcase my work with technology than to utilize an electronic portfolio?

No comments: